Shark has some of the most diverse vacuum cleaner lines in the market. Their products are known for having excellent design, build quality, and performance. Now, if you are looking for a versatile vacuum cleaner with top-of-the-line features and reliable cleaning power, there are two Shark models that may attract your interest, Shark UV560 vs NV501. Which one is better?
At first, these two models may look similar. However, you should continue reading below to understand better about:
– The size and weight of each model
– The available color choices on each model
– The features that Shark UV560 vs NV501 have in common
– The reason why UV560 can be more versatile than NV501
– The comparison of their cleaning performance
– Whether Shark UV560 or Shark NV501 is better for the money
Size and Weight
At first, when these two vacuum cleaners are still in their boxes, you will find that their boxes weigh differently. The box of Shark UV560 is slightly heavier than the box of Shark NV501. However, this is only because they come with different accessories, as the actual vacuum cleaners actually have identical dimensions. See also: Dyson V7 vs V8 Animal.
After you take out Shark UV560 and Shark NV501 from their boxes and you put the two units side by side, you will find that their dimensions are very much similar to each other. Well, they look quite different, but the overall sizes and weights are actually very close.
Each model here measures 13.4 inches wide and 12.2 inches deep. The height is about 45.7 inches, so the vacuum should be tall enough for most people for comfortable handling. The total weight of the full unit, with the canister attached, is about 15.5 lbs. Although this is not the most lightweight unit in the market, it is still manageable and easy to use.
Each of them is equipped with a 30-ft power cord. This is very nice. The power cord is long enough to allow you to reach the edges and corners of a large-sized room without an extension.
Both Shark UV560 vs NV501 come from the same product line, which is the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away series. The models in this series are really versatile, as you can convert them into a handheld unit for easy above-floor cleaning. You only need to press a button to detach the canister, then you can lift up the handheld portion to take care of upholstery, stairs, ceilings, or other hard-to-reach places. Without the canister, the handheld portion weighs only 8.4 lbs.
As mentioned above, despite their similar overall dimensions, Shark UV560 vs NV501 do have different looks. So, you can easily distinguish the two models apart. They also come in different color options.
Shark UV560 has a rigid look. Most of its edges are straight or flat. In addition, it is only available in one color, which is dark gray. The combination between the rigid shape and the color makes the unit look professional and classy.
Shark NV501, on the other hand, looks sleek and modern. This is because it has many curved sides and edges. Somehow, the curved sides also make this unit appear a bit slimmer than it actually is. It is available in three color variants, which are green, grape, and red. So, you have some options to choose from.
In general, these two models look just like typical upright vacuums. However, their excellent quality materials and color combinations make them look high-class. Both Shark UV560 and Shark NV501 are good-looking vacuum cleaners. You will feel proud to have them in your home.
In terms of build quality, both Shark UV560 and Shark NV501 are great. Their frames have metallic parts which enhance their durability. The housings are made from PP and ABS plastic materials, which are lightweight yet sturdy and durable. Around the housings, there are rubber components that protect the vacuums against scratches and impacts.
Since they come from the same product line, it is not surprising that they share many features in common. Both Shark UV560 and NV501 come with the following:
– They both come with the Lift-Away technology, which enables you to detach the canister simply by pressing a button. The canister will be released, and you can lift the handheld portion for above-floor cleaning. This is very useful for vacuuming upholstery, stairs, ceilings, as well as other hard-to-reach spots.
– They both have a swiveling cleaning head. This is incredibly useful, especially when you need to navigate through a narrow or cramped corridor. The swiveling cleaning head will allow you to turn and maneuver easily without much effort. It will be less taxing on your arms.
– Both models’ cleaning heads are also equipped with LED lights. This is useful for providing visibility when you are cleaning a dark area under a furniture item, so that you won’t miss any dirty spot.
– Both models are bagless vacuum cleaners. In other words, you won’t need to spend extra money for bag replacements in the future. Instead of a bag, they have an extra-large dust bin for holding the captured dust and debris particles. The extra-large dust bin will allow you to vacuum your entire home continuously without pausing to empty. Once full, the extra-large dust bin is very easy and simple to clean.
– Both models come with the company’s most famous technology, which is the Never Loses Suction motor. Unlike most other vacuums which suffer from reduced suction power after accumulating too much dust, Shark UV560 and Shark NV501 will not lose any suction power as you go through the task. This technology ensures that you will be able to operate thoroughly from the start to the end without having to pause to clean the filter or empty the dust bin.
– Both Shark UV560 and Shark NV501 are equipped with a HEPA filtration system. This is the best filter in the market right now, as it can trap 99.9% of all small particles including allergens like pollens, fine dust, and pet fur. It ensures that the air in your home is always fresh and healthy. It is highly recommended for people with allergy problems as well as for families with young children.
– Both models are great for dealing with pet fur. They can capture and seal pet fur easily. So, if you have a heavy-shedding dog or cat in your home, you can rely on either Shark UV560 or Shark NV501 to keep your home clean. In addition, they can also work on a variety of surface types, such as hard floors, carpets, and rugs.
The primary difference between Shark UV560 vs NV501 is the accessories that are included in their boxes. It is difficult to say which one that is better, as they seem to be geared for different purposes. Still, in the end, Shark UV560 comes out to be slightly better due to being a bit more versatile.
Shark UV560 comes with a 12-inch crevice tool, a washable microfiber pad, the Pet Power Brush tool, the Dust-Away Hard-Floor Attachment tool, a multi-angle dusting brush, and a regular dusting brush. The special item in this bundle is the hard-floor attachment; it is very useful if your home has hard floors which you need to clean carefully.
Shark UV560 can also deal with pet fur issues, as it comes with the Pet Power Brush tool. This tool is not as powerful as the one included with Shark NV501, but this tool is still quite useful and effective.
Shark NV501 also comes with a 12-inch crevice tool and a regular dusting brush. However, it does not have the multi-angle dusting brush, washable microfiber pad, and hard-floor attachment. Instead, it comes with the Premium Pet Power Brush and a wide pet upholstery tool. It also has a straight suction nozzle.
Shark NV501 is a great choice if you need extra power for taking care of your pet’s mess. With the included pet tools, it will be able to handle various issues associated with pets easily.
Power and Performance
Both vacuum cleaners are armed with the same motors and technologies. So, they have mostly similar suction power and performance. Both Shark UV560 and Shark NV501 have strong suction, and they can easily pick up virtually all dust and debris in one pass. They even can clean carpets with satisfying results.
Transitioning from carpet to hard floor is very easy with either model. You can smoothly move from carpet to hard floor and vice versa. Shark UV560 and Shark NV501 are also able to capture pet fur and pet litter effortlessly. Both models have received lots of positive reviews for their ability to seal allergens.
Shark UV560 vs NV501
|Name||Shark UV560||Shark NV501|
|Features||- 2-IN-1 DESIGN: Operates in both upright and lift-away portable canister modes - ANTI-ALLERGEN: Complete Seal Technology and HEPA captures 99.9 percent of dust and allergens - ULTRA QUIET: Ultra-quiet technology lets you vacuum anytime without disturbing others - BRUSHROLL ON/OFF: Switch from carpet to bare-floor cleaning in a cinch - EXTENDED REACH: 16 inch extension wand and 35 foot long cord allows for extra reach||- Lift-Away. Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas - Premium Pet Power Brush. Picks up pet hair and debris, and deep cleans dander from all surfaces - Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum - Advanced Swivel Steering with LED headlights. Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture - XL-Capacity Dust Cup. Extended cleaning without interruption|
|Best Offer||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
Both vacuum cleaners here are very good. They are powerful and versatile. The differences are only the designs and included accessories. In the end, Shark UV560 is more recommended because it is more versatile. It comes with a hard-floor attachment and a pet power brush tool. It has a strong suction power and a HEPA filtration system.