The modern house has a variety of hard floors including tile, laminate, linoleum, and of course hardwood. While these surfaces look really nice when clean, they do tend to attract dust and pet hair. Having a dedicated floor cleaner like the Hoover FloorMate will not only keep your floors looking like new but it can also prolong their life by removing harmful grime from the surface. Hoover has 2 different models that go about their cleaning in a different manner so we will compare them head to head to help you decide which one is the best choice for your home.
Hoover is a brand that is synonymous with residential vacuum cleaners. Their Windtunnel vacuums boast one of the best selling lineups of the past decade but many people do not know that their FloorMate lineup is equally adept at cleaning. With a hard floor cleaner you are really looking for a machine that is safe for all floors including sealed wood but still can remove anything you throw at it. Many will also have the ability to vacuum before so you can get the pet hair and dust out of the way before scrubbing with the cleaning solution. Let’s take a quick look at Hoover’s 2 models before comparing them closer in a few key categories.
Hoover ONEPWR Jet (Cordless) – Quick Overview
The ONEPWR™ Jet is designed to make cleaning your hard surfaces easier and faster than with other models. It does this by allowing you to vacuum and wash the floors at the same time which combines 2 time consuming tasks into 1. Plus it is a cordless cleaner so you are not tied to the closest electric outlet. Simply charge the battery to full capacity and you will have enough power to do multiple rooms in your home.
|Hoover FloorMate Jet||Hoover FloorMate Deluxe|
|Best Price||click here||click here|
|Product Dimensions||6 x 9.84 x 44.42 inches||14.4 x 12.8 x 32.8 inches|
|Shipping Weight||10.4 pounds||13.8 pounds|
The Hoover FloorMate Jet is actually a part of their ONEPWR cleaning system which is a complete family of cordless cleaners that all share the same removable Lithium Ion battery. The advantage to this is you can have multiple batteries charged up while you go from this hard floor mop to their Blade stick cordless vacuum for your carpets, and then move onto their hand vac for upholstery. You can end up with a full lineup of similar cordless models that can clean everything in and out of your home.
Here are the main features found on the ONEPWR Jet:
- Microfiber brush roll is designed to gently wash and scrub to remove debris without damaging any delicate surfaces
- Strong suction power will pick up both wet and dry messes to help your smooth surfaces dry faster than other traditional floor cleaners
- SprayClean™ nozzle and trigger gives you fingertip control for when you need the cleaning solution sprayed out
- 2 tank system keeps the dirty water separated from the cleaning solution for maximum efficiency
- LED dashboard gives you an easy to read output of the battery life and cleaning mode
- Rinse and storage tray allow for a quick and thorough clean up
- 1 step cleaning experience as you can vacuum while washing your sealed surfaces including tile, laminate, and hardwood
The ONEPWR Jet is also built for households with one or more pets. You can quickly vacuum up pet hair before the microfiber brush roll shines up just about any hard surface you push it over. Just like Hoover’s Deluxe spinscrub model the Jet removes virtually all grime from the floors.
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe – Feature Rundown
The FloorMate Deluxe is more of a traditional hard floor cleaner than the ONEPWR Jet is. The Deluxe doesn’t vacuum first but it does use their SpinScrub™ brushes to really remove all the dirt and mud stains from the surface. It is also quite lightweight (just 14 pounds) so you won’t get tired using it for extended periods, and can even carry it up and down multiple levels in your home.
One good thing about this model is you can buy it with any number of specialized cleaning solution bottles including their Surface Renewal, Paws & Claws, and Tile & Grout. Couple one of the strong cleaning solutions with their CleanSurge™ option and you can quickly do away with any mess in a hurry. It’s important to note that even though it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of more expensive cleaners, it does a terrific job at renewing your floors. Read also: Shark Genius Vs Bissell Powerfresh.
Here we will list out some of the main features on the Deluxe:
- SpinScrub™ brushes rotate 360 degrees to gently wash and scrub sealed wood, laminate, vinyl, and even grout from all angles
- Dual tank technology works similar to the one on the Jet where it keeps the dirty water separate from the solution
- Wash/Dry mode selector makes sure your floors are virtually dry and spot free when done
- CleanSurge™ option puts out extra detergent when you encounter a tough stain or high traffic area
- Fingertip controls let you quickly adjust the settings without taking your hand off the handle.
Hoover FloorMate Jet Vs Deluxe
Overall, the Hoover ONEPWR Jet and FloorMate Deluxe are good floor cleaners for the money. The Jet is more versatile, can also vacuum, and is cordless but does have some limits with the battery life (see above). It is a step in the right direction and seems to be where this industry is heading in terms of more technology for cleaning a variety of items around your household. For more information and to check current pricing, click here to visit our recommended supplier.
The Deluxe has less technology and a simpler design but is quite effective at cleaning hard floors. Their SpinScrub™ technology has been around for years and works great as long as the brushes are maintained. It is much cheaper than the Jet so if you are just looking for a simple to use, lightweight hard floor cleaner than it makes a great choice.